Search This Blog

Sunday 2 July 2017

Polarity by three

There are or course only two poles, but if you could have three, they would have been represented by my weekend.

Saturday was all about home and creativity.  It was stormy, and very cold for WA.  Mr Kitty had the right idea.  As you can see, the bed is still his current fave snuggle spot.



There was baking and cooking to do, and I had a good time listening to podcasts and working out the beginning of this new beanie.  I finished another one too but can't show you that one yet because it is a gift.

This new one is chunky, using two lots of yarn at once, and I really like the combo I am using. The person wants bright, the brighter the better!  

 
I had to learn foundation single crochet and front and back post double crochet for this one, but it is worth it and it is always good for the brain to learn new stitches.

Sunday dawned bright and cold, and was also the complete opposite of Saturday in two other opposite ways!

First we had incident management team training. I got to be in the ICV, doing the radio messages to and from command central and the incident managers.  It was really interesting and kept me on my toes, but I have no idea what I was doing in this photo!

 

This was the view down the ICV from my spot at the far end as we all managed a fictional fire incident.


And this was happening outside as all the imaginary fire and support vehicles were showing up and being tasked out. 
 

It is pretty intense cerebral event, and everyone is always glad when a sudden 'cloudburst' ends the exercise by putting the 'fire' out.

Sunday afternoon we got busy getting ready for the second event of the day, a Wickerman and bonfire for the local Druids.  When I say local, I mean Western Australian, because we had one person come from as far away as Albany, far away on the South coast of WA.  Good work Jenni!

Our bonfire had survived the wet days by being covered under a tarp, and it was finally time to take off the cover and put up our Wickerman.

    
  Our first attempt put him too high above the bonfire, though he looked fantastic.

So we took him down again and shortened his pole and up he went again.



I may have been a bit bonkers by then.  Not saying.  :D

So we got together, did a small ceremony and chanted some Awens, then lit the bonfire.  Up went poor Mr Wickerman, taking something bad from the past away for each person and leaving them a space to put in something good instead. He did look sad actually!

   
And some of the faces in the flames were downright scary!


Yikes!!!!!

We didn't care, though, because we were busy singing and drumming the fire up to the sky.



  

It was really fun!  


Yes this is me, wearing a cloak and a beanie. High fashion it is not, but I was warm as toast. :D



It was so nice to spend time with such lovely people.  The kids had a ball joining in the ceremony, then running and whinnying all over the dark paddocks being horses. The adults had a good time too, all talking nineteen to the dozen.  Seasonal festivals:  Druids has them.  Less than six weeks now to Imbolc!

So, today, Monday, I feel a bit odd to be back to the normalities of life, but happy.  It was a good feeling to be able to provide such a fun night for others. 

I hope you had a weekend of differences too.  It keeps the brain and body in tune.





    



 

 

       


         

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comment, so please do!